Thursday, May 9, 2013

щастлив ден на майката (that's Happy Mother's Day in Bulgarian)

Over the weekend I was asked about Kim as a mother and I said something touching and eloquent about her that I wish I had written down.  One thing that I do remember saying is that Kim is always mothering in a way that makes me be a better father.  

She is always thinking about how she could be better as a mother; about what each kid is needing and how we could work together better as a family.  She's sort of the Prometheus (foresight) to my Epimetheus (hindsight).  At times I feel like I'm just trying to keep up with her, but mostly I'm just happy I have someone to parent with who is so "on".  I also know that these adoptions wouldn't be happening if she hadn't pushed for them.

One thing she's already working on is thinking of ways to make these two new kiddos from Bulgaria feel welcomed.  To this end she is making them photo books that I will take them on the first trip to Bulgaria (and writing a soon-to-be-published article about it for WonderBaby.org.)





When I think about it, if I had to sum up how I feel about her, I'd say that Kim is very much like Moominmama - she's the magic and the energy and the art that holds us all together.



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY KIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment