Thursday, February 7, 2013

Begging for the Silent Auction

In addition to being a marketing failure genius, I have other hidden talents. I am at this very moment, attempting to become a master in the Art of Begging.

I am not the most polished fundraiser in the world.  Now, you wouldn't know it by the amount and variety of things we have amassed for our silent auction event - we have chocolates, massages, paint, golf passes, movie passes, hair products, portrait sessions, and therapy sessions.  I do it mostly in my pajamas while hiding in our bathroom while my children rip the house apart play out in the living room (with an older sibling). It's like a solitary and badly rehearsed episode of The Apprentice, without all the mascara.

Polished or not, I work under the assumption that to become a master of begging you have to make a habit of not taking "No" for an answer.  Or an unanswered email.  Sometimes I push again. It sounds like a technique  but mostly it's because I can't quite remember who I've already asked.  I have a problem with retention.

I'm learning.  S-l-o-w-l-y.

In case you're wondering if you should "save the date" (March 16th from 1-3pm at the University of Massachusetts Amherst Newman Catholic Center's Cafe), here is one of our scrumptious auction items to entice you:



One half-pound of handmade, artisan chocolates by Ben and Bill's Chocolate Emporium.  With a gift certificate for another half-pound.  I'm thinking of pairing it with a bottle of red wine.  Instant fun for Saturday night.

Now if I can just keep my the kid's mitts off it until the auction date.

If you know of any restaurant owners, shop owners, or service providers who would be willing to donate please put them in contact with us.  I may or may not remember if I already asked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment